International Extraction Academy Hands-On Workshop
The course is under direction of Thomas G. Wiedemann, MD, PhD, DDS, Clinical Assistant Professor, full-time faculty member and Assistant Director for Advanced Programs in Oral Surgery / Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland at New York University, College of Dentistry, Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Wiedemann´s career consists of more than 25 years of surgical and educational experience in an academic setting and successfully operating a private practice providing the full spectrum of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Implant Dentistry.
He has special interests in dental emergency care, pain management, minimal invasive surgical strategies and techniques of the full scope of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He has acquired extensive expertise in implant surgery with multiple systems since 1995. He is very well versed in innovative concepts of alveolar ridge augmentation and reconstruction (intra- and extraoral autogenous donor bone grafts), maxillary sinus graft surgery, bone and tissue regeneration, CBCT guided- and piezo-surgery.
He is a Fellow of the European Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (EBOMFS) and has Diplomate status in the International congress of oral implantologists (ICOI).
The course consists of lectures and hands-on training on porcine mandibles
By the end of the course doctors will be able to:
- Understand and apply non-surgical and surgical techniques used in modern exodontia
- Apply minimally invasive and alveolar ridge-protecting extractions in the general dental practice
- Manage common complications associated with tooth extractions
- Analyse and evalute surgical difficulty and manage risk assessment in medically compromised patients who need tooth extractions
- Perform current simple concepts and principles of GBR, including socket preservation, as related to preimplantological extractions
- Perform other frequent and common oral surgery procedures in the general dental practice
- Understand and avoid medico-legal issues associated with oral surgery by careful case selection and informed patient consent
Dr. Thomas Wiedemann
March 14 – 08:00 AM to 06:00 PM