Continuing education committee
About Dr. Sam Bakuri
- Board certified Periodontist and Dental implant surgeon obtained his DMD from University of Pennsylvania
- Master of Science in Dentistry and Periodontics residency certificate from Virginia Commonwealth University
- More than 20 years of experience in Dentistry including 10 years experience as a general Dentist.
- Previous Assistant professor University of Pittsburgh
- ITI fellow
- Chairman of marketing committee IADS (international association of dental specialists)
- Owner of Pittsburgh dental implants and Periodontics private practice in Pittsburgh suburbs.
- Director of Pittsburgh institute of Dentistry (Pitt.I.D) educational institute running Seattle Study club, ITI study club and hygiene study club
- lectures nationally and internationally on subjects of ceramic implants, pro arch dental implants, digital dentistry, soft tissue grafting and dental marketing and patient management.
About Dr. Varo Boyer
Dr. Boyer is a passionate dentist, clinician, university professor, researcher and author. After graduating from UCLA School of Dentistry in 2008, Dr. Boyer completed two hospital based GPR training programs at Cedars Sinai Medical Center and the VA Healthcare system, where he received advanced training in oral and maxillofacial surgery, complex and comprehensive treatment planning, and the placement and restoration of dental implants.
Dr. Boyer has been in private practice in Los Angeles, CA since 2010. In 2011, Dr. Boyer became a faculty member at UCLA School of Dentistry where teaches dental students, as well as the residents in the AEGD (Advanced Education in General Dentistry) program. Since 2012 Dr. Boyer has been selected to evaluate new dental products, as well as research and develop new and advanced dental technologies such as the Sonendo GenteWave® system and many others.
From 2018-2020 Dr. Boyer has also trained at the UCLA Dental Implant Continuum, based on scientific research, current standards and protocols, and cutting edge research and technology. In 2020 Dr. Boyer was invited to be one of four investigators in a five-year worldwide multicenter ceramic implant osseointegration and stability study led by the IAOCI and the Zirconia Implant Research Group.