Ceramic Implants: Two-day hands-on and live patient training course – June 2021
14 CE CREDITS
11 JUNE - DAY 1
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ON DAY 1
- The macroscopic and microscopic differences between ceramic implants and titanium implants.
- Data on ceramic implants integration success rates and methods of objectively evaluating osseointegration.
- Case selection criteria including ideal tissue and bone volumes needed for success.
- Prevention and management of complications.
- Review of surgical protocols and how they differ from titanium implants.
- Restorative techniques and protocols discussion on differences.
- How to position and prepare your practice for a metal-free implant option.
- Using the Science of Influence and Persuasion in order to increase case acceptance for ceramic dental implants in your practice.
The afternoon session will include model work and placement of a dummy ceramic implant.
12 JUNE - DAY 2
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN ON DAY 2
- Each attendee will watch a live demo surgery by Drs. Phelps and Noumbissi.
- Each attendee will work with a patient to place a ceramic implant, regardless of their state license.
- Each attendee will assist another participant for their surgery. End of day review and discussion of all cases placed that day.
You will assist or observe 2-4 ceramic implant surgeries and get to place one implant on a live patient.
Each registrant can place one additional implant for $895.
Limit one extra implant per registration.
CHRISTOPHER PHELPS DMD, CMCT
Dr. Christopher Phelps is an entrepreneur, general dentist, and an Amazon best-selling author who practices in Charlotte NC. In 2016 and 2018, Dr. Phelps was selected as the Doctor’s Choice National Dental Award winner. He was nominated and voted on by his fellow dentists and, out of the 6000 dentists nominated across the US, he was the only one to receive this honor. In addition, Dr. Phelps is an expert in the Science of Influence and Ethical Persuasion. Teaching doctors how to market for more implant patients and how to help them set the stage for higher case acceptance. In his practice he has successfully placed over 4,000 dental implants since he graduated in 2003.
For the last 12 years he’s worked with companies like Nobel Biocare, Sybron Dental, Implant Direct, BioHorizons, OsteoReady, Little Implant Company and Zeramex to train General Dentists from all over the country in the surgical art of implant placement.
He is a member of the Academy of General Dentistry, the International Congress of Oral Implantology, the Academy of Osseointegration and the International Academy of Ceramic Implants.
SAMMY NOUMBISSI DDS, MS
Dr. Noumbissi obtained his Doctorate in Dental Surgery from Howard University in Washington DC. He was then selected to attend the prestigious Loma Linda University Graduate Program in Implant Dentistry. There he received three years of formal training in dental implantology which culminated with a certificate in Implant Dentistry and a Master of Science degree in Implant Surgery. He is a researcher, author and has published book chapters\ and articles on ceramic implants in peer reviewed dental journals.
He is a visiting professor at the University of Milan, Italy and visiting researcher in the materials department at INSA Lyon in France. Dr. Noumbissi is the founder and current president of the International Academy of Ceramic Implantology which is an independent association focused on metal free and ceramic implantology.
He is a fellow and Ambassador at the Clean Implant Foundation whose mission is to assess production quality and purity of commercially available dental implant surfaces. Dr. Noumbissi has been practicing and educating dentists on metal free implantology since 2009. His practice is located in Silver Spring, Maryland USA.